City of North Ridgeville
Mayor's Message
Sign Up for eNewsletter
Sign Up for Emergency Alerts
Economic Development
Pay Ticket Online
Pay Utility Bill
Parks & Recreation

Q. How do I obtain a copy of a crash report?

A. Crash reports usually take 3-5 business days to complete. The Records Department can be reached at (440) 490-2002 between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday. When the report is complete, it can be left for you to pick up at your convenience at the dispatch window, which is open 24 hours a day. Your insurance company can request a copy of the report by fax. Our Fax number is (440) 328-4555. When requesting a copy of a crash report, please include the report number. If the report number is unknown, include the driver's name, date of crash, and location, as well as your telephone number and fax number in case we have any questions regarding your request. 

Accident reports are also available online at no cost by visiting  Private property crashes are not available on this site and can only be obtained from the Police Department.

Q. How do I obtain a record check for employment?

A. Records checks for employment purposes are done for residents of North Ridgeville only. If an employer is requesting a record check, the person having the record check done must come to the Police Department with a driver’s license and a letter from their employer requesting the record check. If the employer did not supply this form, we need a written, signed and dated request from the person needing the record check for employment purposes. This record check is through our department only and NOT a criminal history check through BCI or any other law enforcement agency.

Q. Can I have a copy of my arrest report?

A. As long as an arrest is pending court action, it is not considered a public record. Once it has been adjudicated it is available to the public. If a defendant wants a copy of the arrest report they must file a Motion of Discovery with the court. The request is then given to the Prosecutor's Office to consider. If you have an attorney, he or she can do this for you.

Q. What is the cost for copies of police reports?

A. The cost for a crash report and log entries is five cents per page. This cost includes any pages that need to be redacted.

Q. What is considered a public record?

A. Any police log or report that is not under investigation or pending any court action is available to the public. Requests need to be as specific as possible and not overly broad. Requests will be handled in a timely fashion and in some cases may take several days before they are available for pick up.


Police Department/Records
7070 Ranger Way
North Ridgeville, OH  44039
Phone:  (440) 490-2002
Fax:  (440) 328-4555

Monday-Friday 6 AM-2 PM
Forms and Links
© 2024. City of North Ridgeville – 7307 Avon Belden Road, North Ridgeville, OH 44039 – (440) 490-2042