City of North Ridgeville
Permits, Licensing and Additional Services

Garage Sale Permit (or moving and estate sales):
This permit is available at the Mayor's Office Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Two permits per year, per address, are allowed and can be up to four consecutive days (Sundays permissible) at a cost of $2.00 per permit.

Vehicle Permit: 
Anyone wishing to sell a vehicle must obtain a Vehicle For Sale Permit.  This permit is available at the Mayor's Office Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.  The permit is valid for thirty days at a cost of $2.00 and you are limited to two per year.

Alarm System Permit (Businesses Only): 
Application forms are also available at the Mayor's Office in City Hall.  The cost for the permit is $25 (one-time fee).  The form shall be filled out and returned to City Hall in order to be issued a permit number and disbursement of information to appropriate safety departments (Police and Fire). A permit is no longer required for residential alarm systems.

Solicitor/Peddler Permit: 
An application for Solicitor/Peddler Permit is available on this page or in the Mayor's Office at City Hall. Solicitor/Peddler must complete the application in its entirety and submit it to the Mayor's Office for approval. There is a $250.00 fee for this permit. For more information and a list of current registered solicitors, please click here.

Mobile Frozen Desserts Sales Permit:
An application for Mobile Frozen Desserts Sales Permit is available on this page or in the Mayor's Office at City Hall. There is a fee of $50.00. The application must be filled out and all criteria met before the permit is approved by the Mayor or designee.

Mobile Food Vendors/Food Trucks:
"Mobile Food Vendor" is considered a motorized vehicle, trailer, tent or stand which may upon issuance of a permit by the City through the fire department's webpage, and in conformance with the regulations established by city ordinance to temporarily park or present along a public or private property and engage in service, sale or distribution of ready to eat food for individual portion service to the general public.

Dog Licenses:
Dog licenses may be obtained through Discount Drug Mart, 33633 Bagley Road, North Ridgeville (440) 406-5031 or through the Lorain County Administration Building 440-329-5000.

Marriage Licenses:
Marriage licenses are obtained from the Lorain County Probate Court, Justice Center, 225 Court Street in Elyria or you can call their office at 440-329-5175 for more information and costs.  The Mayor performs wedding ceremonies at City Hall in Council Chambers, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM-4:00 PM, for a $150 donation to the Senior Center.  To schedule a wedding ceremony, please call the Mayor's Office at (440) 490-2042.  After securing the marriage license, please drop off the license to City Hall at least three days in advance of your previously scheduled ceremony.

Recreational Fire Permits: 
A recreational fire, including chimneys, require a permit and can be obtained through the North Ridgeville Fire Department. The permit is free of charge and can be obtained online.

Notary Services:
If you need a document notarized, there are several Notaries Public at City Hall.  Visit the Mayor's Office at City Hall between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. 
Voter Registration:
Voter registration forms are available in the Mayor's Office. You can also access the form on the Lorain County Board of Elections website.   Complete the registration form and return it to the Lorain County Board of Elections for processing.
No Soliciting Window Stickers:
You may obtain stickers from the Mayor's Office at City Hall to place on your window/door.  These are free to residents.
© 2024. City of North Ridgeville – 7307 Avon Belden Road, North Ridgeville, OH 44039 – (440) 490-2042