Update July 30, 2020:
Traffic is now shifted to the east side of the road on SR 83 through the intersection of Center Ridge Road. Crews have removed the asphalt and have started to fill and compact the sub-base and stone. The concrete crew has been working their way from east to west. They are forming, grading, and pouring concrete on curb cut-out areas, sidewalks and driveway aprons. Lighting conduit is being installed from SR 83 towards the west end of the project. They have installed the conduit through driveway aprons and now the will be working on lighting foundations. The work on the retaining walls by Chemical Bank and between the Aldi’s entrance and Center Ridge Storage will continue. The State Route 83 Resurfacing Project should be completed this week.
Please see the tentative schedule for the week of 8/3/20:
***PROPOSED SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE AND IS WEATHER PERMITTING***
CENTER RIDGE ROAD – WEST OF JAYCOX ROAD
• The concrete crew will be at various places forming and/or pouring concrete in curb and gutter cut-out areas, sidewalks, and driveway aprons.
• Sidewalk grading, forming, and pouring of concrete will continue.
• Driveway apron grading, forming, and pouring will also continue from east to west.
• Grading, filling and compacting of 304 stone for the multi-use pathway on the south side.
• Installing foundation and conduit for the street lights will continue.
• Retaining wall installation will continue from the entrance at Aldi’s to Center Ridge Storage and by Chemical Bank.
CENTER RIDGE ROAD – EAST OF JAYCOX ROAD
• Forming up and pouring of any remaining concrete curb and gutter cut out areas and drive-way aprons.
STATE ROUTE 83
• Remove the remainder of old asphalt and begin reconstruction of the Southwestern quadrant.
• Prepping for the installation of curb and gutter will begin in the Northwestern quadrant.
• Traffic has been shifted to the east side SR 83 through Center Ridge Road heading north and south bound.
• Traffic will stay in this configuration while the final southwestern quadrant of the intersection is being rebuilt.
• The dedicated left turn lanes have been eliminated and the traffic signal timing will be changed accordingly.
STATE ROUTE 83 RESURFACING PROJECT
• State Route 83 in the city of North Ridgeville, from Mills Road to Lorain Road, will have daily single lane closures for any additional work.
• Traffic will be maintained by flaggers.
• Estimated completion: July 2020
The Resurfacing of State Route 83 is a separate project from the US 20 – Center Ridge Road Project.
***LOGISTICS MESSAGE ***
o Due to work at the RT. 83 and Center Ridge Rd. intersection, ODOT and The City of North Ridgeville would like to ask those businesses that have deliveries using semi-tractor trailers, to advise drivers of the construction and if possible to find an alternative route. We realize that at times it may be unavoidable. Our goal is trying to relieve the possible delays during peak hours. Traffic Lanes have been shortened to 10-foot lanes and semi-tractor trailers may find it difficult to make the turns. We appreciate anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.
o For anyone or if you know of anyone that utilizes the construction zone as walk way/bike path, FOR YOUR SAFETY AND FOR THE SAFETY OF THE WORKERS, WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE FIND AN ALTERNATIVE ROUTE! We understand that there are not many options, however, with construction equipment coming in and out of the work zone, and heavy equipment backing up and/or swinging their boom with limited visibility can make for a very dangerous area to be in. We do not want to see anyone get hurt. We respectfully ask that you please find an alternative route. Everyone on the project thanks you.
• Expect minor delays throughout the day
• Please be advised to use caution while traveling throughout the corridor as there will be trucks and equipment entering and exiting the work zones.
• To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing by the work zone.
For any Media inquiries, please contact our Public Information Office at (419) 207–7181. Thank You!