The North Ridgeville Police Department is seeking applications for the position of part-time dispatcher (28 hour maximum per week). Applicants must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays as needed.
First Shift: 11:00 PM – 7:00 AM
Second Shift: 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Third Shift: 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Answer emergency and non-emergency phone calls for police assistance/information and determine appropriate course of action. (Transfer phone call, dispatch to officer via radio, etc.)
- Assist citizens who walk into the police department and determine appropriate course of action.
- Maintain all information in a Computer Aided Dispatching (CAD) System.
- Records/miscellaneous duties as required/needed.
- Obtain and maintain any required certifications.
- American citizen
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- Computer literate
- Adequate typing skills
- Pass a general knowledge written test
- Pass a thorough background check
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to interact with the public and remain calm in stressful situations
- Pay range $14.99-$18.03 / hour dependent on skill level and job performance
- Uniform allowance
- Paid training
Please complete the employment application and return to the North Ridgeville Police Department, 7307 Avon Belden Road, North Ridgeville, OH 44039 no later than Friday, August 11, 2017.